Shoulder pain can have a number of different causes, ranging from an injury like a car accident to a chronic problem like arthritis. The condition can benefit from the application of massage or even dry needling.
At Scott Chiropractic we work to treat shoulder pain with the most gentle and drug-free methods. Our ultimate goal is to bring the patient’s shoulder back to full function while reducing and eliminating the pain the caused the injury.
Contact us today at (970) 203-9997
Patients who experience shoulder pain may be surprised by the intensity and duration of the pain. The shoulder area is so essential for completing daily activities that it makes sense that the shoulder pain injury should be taken seriously and treated to avoid worsening your condition.
Common Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
Some signs that shoulder pain needs immediate attention may include:
- Decreased ability to hold objects
- Decreased functioning of the arm
- Shoulder pain that persists even while at rest
- Shoulder pain that lasts more than a day or two
- Unusual twinges or aches in the shoulder area
Shoulder Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Chiropractic care can be an extremely effective treatment for shoulder pain regardless of its cause. A chiropractor will often begin with an examination of the patient’s neck area. This is because shoulder pain can frequently be the result of “referred” pain from the neck. Whether the shoulder pain is connected to the neck or is limited to the lower part of the shoulder, it can be treated with non-invasive methods of natural healing such as chiropractic care.
Care for an injured shoulder may include the:
- application of heat or ice packs,
- gentle manipulation from the chiropractor to help the shoulder return to its original state of functionality, and
- gentle stretching and strengthening exercises that the patient can perform at home.
If you are experiencing shoulder pain in any capacity, contact Scott Chiropractic today (970) 203-9997 for gentle, professional diagnosis and treatment that will have your shoulder back to normal in no time.